Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Another Year Older

It seems that everyone I saw or talked to over the holidays had the same remark to make: Can you believe how fast time flies? 2014 already!

Time does indeed go fast for everyone, but even faster the older you get, it seems to me. And before you know it your life changes. Below is a poem I got in an e-mail which expresses how many people feel as the years go by.

Another year has passed
And we're all a little older.
Last summer felt hotter
And winter seems much colder.

There was a time not long ago
When life was quite a blast.
Now I fully understand
About 'Living in the Past'
 

 We used to have hangovers,
From parties that were gay.
Now we suffer body aches
And wile the night away.

 
We used to go out dining,
And couldn't get our fill.
Now we ask for doggie bags,
Come home and take a pill.

 
We used to go to nightclubs
And drink a little booze.
Now we stay home at night
And watch the evening news.

 
That, my friend is how life is,
And now my tale is told.
                            So, enjoy each day and live it up…                            

Before you're too damned old!