Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Giving Up Bitching
The other day my retired brother was complaining that the people around him in his age range seem to be forever complaining about things. He says he’s trying to meet new people because he is tired of hearing all the bitching.
That’s certainly a good way of describing the comments of those who always go on and on about their problems, their operations, their kids, their aching joints, and whatever else is going on in their lives. These people seldom smile and seem to be stuck in a rut they have created after years of looking at the negative side of life. Of course, it is not always easy to get away from them (like when they’re relatives) or to get them to change their ways, but it’s worth a try to avoid becoming like them.
It seems to me that taken the right way, life has a humorous side. We should not be afraid to smile once in a while. As my friend Colette says: I tend to bemoan the fact that I used to have a handle on life, but now I simply accept that it broke; sometimes I stop to think, and then I forget to do it; and you can be sure that whatever hits the fan will seek me out even if I’m hiding.
I can only commiserate. I know I still got it, but nobody wants to see t!
However I’ve resolved that it’s not worth bitching about it.
My thought for the day: Grouches pull you down, and some people are
alive because it is illegal to kill them, so smile. To quote Phyllis Diller, a smile is a curve that sets everything straight.
          Good humor is the sunshine of life.