Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Time for a Bit of Fun
People don’t stop laughing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop laughing. And besides, laughter is contagious. Share a joke with your spouse, your neighbor or your friend and the day is bound to be brighter.
            My grandchildren think I’m very funny. One of the reasons I can make them laugh is that I’m quite relaxed when I’m around them. They fill my life with love and it colors my world mirthful. Although I do not feel like it at all times, I do make an effort to look at the funny side of life.
            Nobody wants to be around people who are always complaining about something or the other, no matter their age – or perhaps especially when they’re on the downhill side of 50. The longer we live, the more physical problems we face, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t a bit of sunshine even in a long cloudy cycle.
            The cliché Laughter is the Best Medicine may be overused, but that does not make it less true. Medical research shows that laughter has an immediate positive effect on the main organs of the human body. In my experience those who have mastered the art of laughing at life and its foibles have an easier time than people who focus all their energy on the less-than-perfect moments we all experience. One of the reasons is certainly that laughter relaxes the whole being.
             I have always found it interesting that we are all inclined to compare ourselves to others, in one way or another which is not the way to be happy. The neighbor is prettier, richer, happier, and so on, we think. What we tend to forget is that we are all different, and that appearances can be quite deceiving.
             It seems to me that to be happy, we have to dwell on the good things in our lives at this moment in time. And laugh at the rest. An arthritic knee should not prevent us from enjoying life. And we can all use humor to diffuse the irritations of life.
             So I said to a friend, I have nothing to say. She replied: you should blog about that!
       Notice at entrance to park: Please pick up your dog’s alternative fact.
       I bought a packet of peanuts, and on the packet it says ''may contain nuts.'' I’d be annoyed if an apple fell out! 
        So the man said: My mother-in-law fell into the wishing well. Boy, was I surprised that it actually worked.
Notes on medical charts:
         The patient refused an autopsy.
         On the second day, the knee was better, and on the third day disappeared completely. 
         The patient has been depressed ever since she began seeing me in 2010.
And, finally:
         Two doctors are conferring. One of them says: She hasn’t been able to get pregnant, but with both of us on her case, that should change.