Wednesday, November 4, 2020

SMILE

We all know people who seem to be always going on and on about their problems, their operations, their kids, their aching joints, or whatever else is going on in their lives. And these days the hardship of the pandemic. These people seldom smile and seem to be always searching for the negative side of life.

And, it is not always easy to get away from them (like when they’re relatives) or to get them to change their ways, but it’s worth trying to show them life’s humorous side so they can smile. As my friend Colette says: I tend to bemoan the fact that I used to have a handle on life, but now I simply accept that it broke; sometimes I stop to think, and then I forget to do it; and you can be sure that whatever hits the fan will seek me out even if I’m hiding.

I can only commiserate. I know I still got it, but nobody wants to see it!

Grouches pull you down, and some of them are alive simply because it’s illegal to kill them, so smile. As Phyllis Diller said: a smile is a curve that sets everything straight.

And don’t forget what the old song says:

You must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying
You'll find that life is still worth-while

If you just smile