Wednesday, August 11, 2021

 Fourth Wave

When I took a little break from my blog to see my family, I was certain that when I returned covid would be gone once and for all. That’s certainly far from the reality we face, is it not? Now a serious fourth wave is under way in many areas and is expected to get much worse as children return to class. 

            The corona virus has been around before, but covid has proven to be a very nasty form. Unfortunately, not everyone takes it seriously as some people still refuse to be inoculated. A friend of mine was telling me recently that if these people had been alive during the polio crisis of the 50s when so many children were crippled, they would run to get vaccinated. As soon as the anti-polio vaccine appeared, polio was defeated once and for all, never to return.

            Some experts are now talking about the possibility of vaccinated people needing a booster shot so covid does not have a chance to return. If that’s what it takes, let’s do it, I say. Anything so that life can at last return to normal, or at least as close to the normal we knew before the pandemic. We all need a break from the bad news.