Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Points to Ponder 

Most people make resolutions at this time of year. While these may fall by the wayside in short order, there is nevertheless an effort made.

For me and all the others who don’t make resolutions as such, here are some interesting ideas I came across recently that can improve our lives:

-         Stress is a choice we make when we react to events in our lives in an emotional manner.

-         The quality of life is not based on what we own, but rather by how we feel inside.

-          Fear or anger enters our lives because of the way we look at what is happening around us.

-         Comparing ourselves to others can only make us miserable.

-         I wish I were what I was when I wished I were what I am.

-         Fear of death is simply fear of the unknown, not the thing itself.

-         We should recapture some of the urgency for living we had in childhood.

-         Try to admire without envy.

-         Honesty has the power to destroy fear.

-         Change and the world will change with you.

-         Be your own best friend.

-         The future happens just one day at a time.

-         Why do we so hate being taught when we’re so happy to learn?

-         We can accept blame for something, yet we’re unhappy when somebody else blames us.

-         Is there a humble person who is not proud of the fact?

And,

-         Most of us would like to be remembered for something that made others happy.

Happy New Year to all those who read my blog.